Transnational Intensive Study Programme “What is societal security after all?”
We are looking for Bachelor and Master students to participate in an international online Intensive Study Program on societal security scheduled for November 1-5, 2021 and being hosted by the Arctic University of Norway (UiT)!
Other students and practitioners from Norway, Latvia, Finland, Poland and Germany will also be participating so this is a great opportunity for cross-border cooperation and networking! Please find the preliminary agenda for the week attached here Pdf, 134.5 kB..
Those who are interested, please send your inquires and informal ‘applications’ (a short letter of interest with your full contact information and level of studies) to Ass. Professor Dina Abdel-Fattah firstname.lastname@example.org and a copy to Prof. Christer Pursiainen email@example.com by 15 October.
After the Intensive Study Program, you will receive:
- A certificate, signed by the General-Director of the CBSS and UiT Professor Christer Pursiainen that you serve you well when applying for a domestic or international job in cross-border cooperation after you have completed your studies.
- A lot of new insights on societal security
- An opportunity to apply what you have learned in the classroom to real-life cases
- Transnational and cross-border cooperation experience with a multinational team of professors and societal security practitioners and students – A deeper understanding of how our neighbours are thinking about societal security in the Baltic Sea region
- A wider network of students and practitioners who are interested and working with societal security in the Baltic Sea region!
- Last but not least, a privileged opportunity (but not required) to participate in similar one-week trainings – next times physically – in 2022 in Latvia and in Finland. Travel costs and accommodation for these will be paid and facilitated by the project.
During the Intensive Study Program, you will be expected to:
- Actively participate and contribute.
- Maintain a 90% online participation presence.
- Do the necessary individual and group activities (assignments) during the one-week course (no exam). Time will be provided during the program for such work so no work will be required over and beyond the program.
About the NEEDS Project
The ‘Needs-based education and studies in societal security’ (NEEDS) is a European Union Erasmus+ funded multinational project that focuses on societal security higher education and particularly the cross-border dimension of this field. It is coordinated by the Council of the Baltic Sea States, an intergovernmental body of eleven countries’ foreign ministries, including Sweden, with a special expert network focusing on societal security at the highest level, expressed in the eleven countries’ commitment to societal security cooperation.
The Swedish representative in this network is the Director-General of the MSB. The NEEDS project is supported by this network and its results are reported directly to it. The project is also selected to the group of flagship projects of the European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, which is a macro-regional generic approach of how the EU is dealing with regional and cross-border challenges in many fields, including societal security.
Please feel free to contact Stephanie Young personally if you have any questions or concerns.